Water Damage Restoration
Your Water Damage experts
When you experience water in your home or business it can be overwhelming and frustrating, but don't worry our team of experts are here for you.
Water damage can range from a small sink overflow, broken pipe or sump pump failure to a devastating storm that brings major flooding. Regardless of how the damage occurs, it can create serious problems for your home or business.
An immediate response is imperative. Don’t be deceived by how things look or feel to the touch. Water can penetrate deep into your floors and walls giving the appearance of a dry surface, when down deep it is actually causing damage.
Undetected moisture will continue to cause damage. Beginning structural drying as soon as possible will help reduce possible reconstruction costs and secondary damage.
The Right Equipment
Peerless Cleaning & Restoration Services has over 1000 industry standard fans and dehumidifiers available for emergency situations just like yours. Using the latest techniques, equipment, and technology, we are able to dry your materials 30% faster than just five years ago. We are able to extract water from your carpet and pad making them able to be dried in just 24 hours. All jobs are closely monitored to help ensure efficient results.
Central Illinois has trusted the highly trained Peerless Professionals for years to restore water damaged structures and contents.
Sewer backups can be extremely dangerous. Besides a possible unpleasant odor, sewage backups may cause property damage and unhealthy living conditions. Untreated sewage contains disease-causing organisms such as parasites, viruses, and bacteria. Skin infections, respiratory infections, and allergic reactions can also be associated with these organisms.
Peerless technicians are protected against the threat of infectious diseases through vaccinations and the use of personal protective equipment. They have been specifically trained, based on OSHA standards, on how to properly work and restore in these types of infected areas.
We Can Dry It
Every water restoration job is a little different. Although there are many varying factors that can make drying difficult, Peerless has the training and experience to evaluate and get the job done right.
- Ceramic Tile
- Multiple Flooring Layers
- Gym Floors
Things You Can Do
There are certainly times you need to hire a professional to provide services beyond your capabilities or area of expertise. Anytime you hire a professional, the cost can be a factor in your decision-making process. Here is a list of items you can start to work on yourself while waiting for your technicians to arrive. These items can not only save you dollars but can help salvage your contents and lessen damage to your structure.
1. Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
2. Wipe excess water from furniture or fixtures after removing lamps and tabletop items.
3. Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
4. Place aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpet.
5. Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
6. Remove Oriental or area rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpet or wood floors.
7. Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a secure and dry place.
8. Open suitcases and luggage for drying; in sunlight if possible.
9. Pick up loose items like toys, shoes and especially newspapers and magazines from wet floors.
10. Stay out of rooms where wet ceilings are sagging or may have retained water.
11. Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
An article published in the Chicago Tribune last September 19, 2013 details the aftermath of a storm that left damage in its wake: Flight delays and power outages lingered this morning after the Chicago area was pounded by torrential rain, powerful winds and flash floods. At one point during the storms Wednesday night, the National…Read More