Protect your investment
Furniture – it’s an investment. You expect it to last and want to maintain its beauty. Extend the life of your sofa, loveseat, chair or other favorite upholstered furniture by having it cleaned by the experts at Peerless Cleaning & Restoration Services.
Cleaning your furniture should be part of normal maintenance. When you consider the amount of time you and your loved ones spend relaxing on your favorite chair or sofa, the idea of keeping it fresh and clean becomes very appealing. Most upholstery manufacturers and the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration recommend professionally cleaning your upholstery every one to two years. Be sure to check any warranty you may have to see if they have set particular standards to keep it valid. Families with pets or persons with allergies or respiratory sensitivity may consider more frequent cleanings.
experience & training
At Peerless, we believe the best way to truly be of service to our customers is to have the best trained and educated employees we can possibly have. Our technicians go through extensive training and are certified through the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration. We even have a 30 year veteran who is a Master Textile Cleaner.
Upholstery care tips
- Use arm caps to prolong the life and appearance of areas prone to wear and tear.
- Vacuum thoroughly to remove dry soil.
- Cushions and pillows should be reversed or rotated on a regular basis. Frequent “fluffing” will also help evenly distribute the filling for maximum comfort.
Upholstery Care Myths
- Always follow the cleaning guidelines found on your furniture. The key word here is “guidelines” and they can be misleading. Often times, fiber tags include the materials used for the fill and stuffing and not the outer fabric. Our experts can differentiate these materials and even test clean in a small inconspicuous area to determine the best method for cleaning.
- My furniture doesn’t get dirty like the floors do. When your skin comes in direct contact with furniture it leaves behind oils, perspiration and skin cells. Cleaning your furniture helps maintain a clean healthy living environment.
- Dry cleaning is always the best way to clean my upholstery. Dry cleaning solvents are about 40% less effective than water based cleaning methods. There are also many ways when cleaning with water to protect colors and dyes in your furniture. Our experts are trained to determine which method is best to achieve the best possible clean.